0% Read

Most Scots back independence

Chris Holbrook Find Out Now Market Research

Chris Holbrook

14th Dec, 2022 | 3 mins read

A poll for Fetter Together shows that 51% of Scottish voters would back independence if given a chance in another referendum. Significantly fewer, 43%, would vote No, with 6% undecided.

The poll comes after a Supreme Court ruling determined that the Scottish Parliament cannot legislate for a new referendum on independence. Some suggest that this has galvanised support for Independence.

If there was a legal referendum tomorrow with the question “Should Scotland be an independent country?”, how would you vote?

AnswerResult *
Don’t know6%

Those who voted Remain in the EU strongly support (59%) Independence, as well as younger age groups:

Age groupYes*No*Don’t know*

Full tables can be downloaded here

*Excluding likely non-voters and those who declined to answer

About the survey

Find Out Now surveyed 1,759 Adults in Scotland from the 1st to 8th of December 2022, and selected a nationally representative sub-sample of 1,095 within +/-1% of ONS quotas for age, gender, social economic group, 2016 EU Referendum vote, and General Election 2019 vote. The results were adjusted for turnout by Electoral Calculus

Find Out Now and Electoral Calculus are members of the British Polling Council and abide by its rules

Photo by Yves Alarie on Unsplash